2017 EDKRA SUMMER CHALLENGE PRESENTED BY MFP RESOURCES
Registration is now open for the 2017 EDKRA Summer Challenge. Click here to register. Watch here as well as on CKN, Motorsportreg.com, and Facebook for exciting prize announcements and updates.
Here are ten things to know to help with your Summer Challenge weekend.
- Registration is now open at MotorSportsReg. The event entry fee is $200 per kart per class. Any registrations completed after July 25th at the track will be $300 per kart per class. Cash only.
- Each kart registered for the Summer Challenge will receive 20L in free race fuel compliments of MFP Resources. Additional fuel may be purchased through MotorSportsReg.
- Race tires for the event are Blue Vega Max One for all Rotax and Briggs events.
- Shifter class is open race fuel and tires.
- The track will be closed to practicing on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. It will reopen for scheduled practice on Thursday (All Classes). The track will be available for official load in starting Wednesday.
- Please submit your pre-tech form with kart transponder number, tire declaration form and driver bio found in the welcome bag as soon as possible to ensure there is no delay in creating the necessary grid line-ups. Our preference would be to have these forms back no later than Wednesday during the official load in.
- Phat Patties will be on-site offering breakfast, lunch and supper starting on Thursday.
- Photography/Videography services available by Mike Trojan with his vendor booth near the pre-grid area.
- There are still full-service RV spots available. Spots are available for $200 for the entire weekend.
- Each competitor will receive a welcome bag with some helpful items. In there you will find your tech decal, event sponsor decals, pit map, schedule, fuel coupons, participant event T-shirt, supplemental regs, a list of race officials and sample products. Sample products compliments of Go-Jo (Jeff Holm), Snap-On Tools, and Westgate Chevrolet. See Earl at the Snap-On host tent located next to pre-grid.
Click here to view the practice/race schedule. (Last updated 7/17/2017)
Click here to view pit stall and parking assignments. (Last updated 7/17/2017)
Click here to view our prize announcements. (Last updated 7/20/2017)
Click here to view the EDKRA supplemental regs.
RACE 3 & 4 – CLUB RESULTS POSTED
The second round of Club results for races 3 & 4 are now posted along with the championship standings. They can be viewed using the menu above at Points/Results > Club Points.
RACE 9 – DD2 RESULTS POSTED
The DD2 results are now posted. They can be viewed using the menu above at Points/Results > DD2 Points.
EDKRA FUNDRAISER EVENT – CASINO
The club’s annual Casino fundraiser will occur on August 21st and 22nd this year. This event is an excellent way to work off your required volunteer hours and is a very important part of the club’s funding which helps to keep the overall cost of racing down. Volunteers will be needed for both day and night shifts. Please contact Lorna at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or for more information.
PHAT PATTIES PROVIDING FOOD CONCESSION FOR 2017
The EDKRA is very pleased to announce that Phat Patties will be providing a food truck concession for all EDKRA 2017 race events. Learn more about Phat Patties by visiting them at phatpattiesedmonton.com.
THE USE OF RACECEIVERS FOR THE 2017 SEASON
The EDKRA will be moving ahead with the use of RACEceiver for on-track communication with racers this year. The expectation for the 2017 season will be that each race team purchases at least one receiver. The receiver will work with any earbuds that use a standard 3.5mm jack.
RV SPOTS – WAITING LIST FOR 2017/2018
Due to popular demand, for 2017 the EDKRA is expanding the RV area to add some additional spots for full-year rentals, as well as for out-of-town “weekend” guests. Accordingly, we have created a priority waiting list for those interested in obtaining a new 2-year rental. Click here to be added to the waiting list.
ALLEN BERG RACE SCHOOL 2017
Allen Berg will be offering his race school at the EDKRA track again this year. The two-day session for Junior drivers is on August 6th & 7th. Click here for registration information for Junior drivers. PLEASE NOTE: The EDKRA track will be closed to all other drivers on these dates.
K&K WEST RACING KART OFFERS 2017 WESTERN CANADIAN CHALLENGE
K&K West Racing Kart will be hosting a 2017 Western Canadian Challenge with podium cash payouts for racers using a K&K chassis this summer. The “Challenge” will be held in conjunction with various western karting track events including Edmonton on July 30 and August 19/20. Please note: K&K West is entirely responsible for all administration of the “Challenge”. Any inquiries should be directed to K&K West. Click here to view the event poster. Visit their website for more information and for contact information.
KART NUMBERS – NEW MEMBERS PLEASE READ!!
For all new 2017 members needing a kart number, please refer to the “Kart Numbers” page located on the Racer Info menu for the list of kart numbers that are currently reserved by other racers. Once you choose an available kart number, send an email to email@example.com to be approved and claim that available number.
BRIGGS & STRATTON RACING SERIES 2017
The EDKRA is excited to announce that EDKRA LO206 racers will again have the option in 2017 to participate in the popular B&S weekly racing series. Details can be found at Briggs & Stratton Weekly Racing Series. This was a very popular series in 2016 and the EDKRA encourages more participation from its racers in 2017.
VACANT CLUB EXECUTIVE POSITIONS FOR 2017
The Club is in need of a Tech Director and a Secretary for 2017. If anyone has interest, please forward your name to Earl Wong or Kevin Dowler for consideration.
Step 1: Get really excited by watching this video.